Monday, February 15, 2010

Technobabble

Maybe I am slower than most when it comes to embracing new technology in our profession. I dont reject it, and I definitely understand its the wave of the future. I am slower to embrace and implement because I see the trap of being caught up in it so much, that the basics become less practiced, less refined, and seemingly less important.

The pace of learning and implementing inherent in humans doesnt change, but the pace we are bombarded with new information and technology has. There are only so many things a human being can disimilate and digest in a given period of time for it to be effectively utilized. I guess I tend to stand back, take a deep breath, and figure out whats useful for me, and discard what I feel is unapplicable.

I am careful not to get caught up in information anxiety. Information anxiety is that ever widening gap between what we understand and what we think we should understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment